Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy Consultation Requirements
Bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) is an alternative approach that more closely represents the body’s own chemical structure of hormones. They are usually derived from plant sources such as wild yams or soy (Estrogen) in contrast to synthetic hormones used in conventional HRT.
$50 fee is for a 10-minute consultation only to determine if you are candidate. Additional physical examination, blood-draw and EKG fees may apply if necessary. $50 consult fee is applied towards other fees if moving forward.
- $50 phlebotomy fee
- $75 EKG fee (if family history of cardiovascular disease, over the age of 50 or if physician deems medically necessary)
- Physical examination fee of $150.00
Cost of blood labs are covered by most insurance plans, otherwise a $250 cash fee applies if medically necessary. Additional testing may be required.
Is the period in a man’s life that is marked by a drop in the levels of the male hormone, testosterone. Normally occurring between the ages of 40 and 55, andropause is slow, steady reduction in testosterone levels.
- Weight gain
- Fatigue and energy loss
- Loss of sex drive
- Occasional bouts of impotence
- Mood swings
- Loss in physical strength and agility
It is a natural, gradual process that occurs between the ages of 35-59 when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone, and her lifetime supply of eggs becomes depleted.
- Hot flashes and clammy skin
- Night sweats and/or cold flashes
- Irritability and mood swings
- Loss of libido, vaginal dryness
- Heart palpitations
- Fatigue, anxiety, and depression
- Urinary urgency
- Inability to sleep through the night
- Weight gain
BENEFITS OF BIO-IDENTICAL HORMONE REPLACEMENT
- Maintain sleep and feel more rested
- Elevated move and cognition
- Increased strength and athletic performance
- Improved libido
- Heightened sense of well-being and motivation
- Reduced hot flashes and vaginal dryness
- Improved sleep
- Better mood, concentration and memory
- Reduction in brain fog
- Decrease in headaches/migraines
- Improved libido
- A more youthful appearance of skin
HERE AT VIOR, WE HAVE A PRECISE PROCESS TO DETERMINE IF YOU ARE A CANDIDATE FOR BHRT AND THEN GET YOU STARTED WITH A CUSTOM PROGRAM.
Once we have identified that hormonal imbalance may be a contributing factor to your health concerns, a physical examination, detailed history and symptom review are performed.
Initial blood testing is done to determine your current hormonal state and combined with specific questionnaires to determine if you qualify for this type of treatment. This may be supplemented with urine and/or saliva testing.
Many patients opt for the bio-identical approach because it strays away from the “one size fits all” approach and provides a personal, customized treatment protocol.
BALANCE YOUR HORMONES
Cream applicators in a variety of bases. The creams are applied daily and the hormone is absorbed through the skin and interacts with the hormone receptor.
Testosterone may be injected intramuscularly. Most common injection is the gluteal muscle. Formats include Testosterone Cypionate, Enanthate and Proprionate in either a Grapeseed or Sesame oil base.
Hormone Pellets are inserted below the surface of the skin and gradually release the desired hormone into the body. A simple procedure is performed in our office every 3-4 months.
Restoring my testosterone to optimal levels is the best thing I’ve ever done
Frequently Asked Questions
Need help with something else? Contact Us.