A strong, intact immune system is your best bet at warding-off foreign invaders that cause infection and illness. Thymosin Alpha-1 plays a vital role in the control of immunity, tolerance and inflammation. It manages an immune response via an initial action on the cells of the innate immune system. This 28 amino-acid peptide’s immunomodulatory activities are centered primarily on the augmentation of T-cell function.
Clinical studies have also shown that Thymosin Alpha-1 can be used to manage neoplasias since they upregulate cytotoxic T-cells which are involved in immune surveillance.
Key Benefits of Thymosin Alpha-1
- Helps stop the spread of viruses and infections
- Promotion of Natural Killer (NK) cell developkent and maturation
- Regulates the immune system to maintain a healthy body response
- Decreases infection incidence and duration
Is it Safe?
Thymosin Alpha-1 has been used since the late 1970s for helping patients with a wide variety of conditions such as autoimmune disorders, liver disease, kidney disease and those in good health looking to supplement immune function as a preventative boost. Hundreds of clinical evaluations have found no negative side effects from using this peptide other than injection side irritation.
How is Thymosin Alpha-1 Taken?
TA-1 is taken via subcutaneous injection (SQ). There are varying strategies from smaller daily doses to larger doses 2-3x/week.
No two individuals will react the same when using Thymosin Alpha-1 injections as a treatment for different chronic conditions or deficiencies. Do not start taking TA-1 without discussing with your healthcare provider, especially if taking other medications.
- Ancell CD, Phipps J, Young L. Thymosin alpha-1. Am J Health Syst Pharm. 2001;58(10):879-888. doi:10.1093/ajhp/58.10.886
- Pei F, Guan X, Wu J. Thymosin alpha 1 treatment for patients with sepsis. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2018;18(sup1):71-76. doi:10.1080/14712598.2018.1484104
- Leichtling KD, Serrate SA, Sztein MB. Thymosin alpha 1 modulates the expression of high affinity interleukin-2 receptors on normal human lymphocytes. Int J Immunopharmacol. 1990;12(1):19-29. doi:10.1016/0192-0561(90)90064-t
- Wara DW, Goldstein AL, Doyle NE, Ammann AJ. Thymosin activity in patients with cellular immunodeficiency. N Engl J Med. 1975;292(2):70-74. doi:10.1056/NEJM197501092920204
- Kleinman HK, Sosne G. Thymosin β4 Promotes Dermal Healing. Vitam Horm. 2016;102:251-275. doi:10.1016/bs.vh.2016.04.005
- Pardon MC. Anti-inflammatory potential of thymosin β4 in the central nervous system: implications for progressive neurodegenerative diseases. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2018;18(sup1):165-169. doi:10.1080/14712598.2018.1486817
- Naylor PH, Mutchnick MG. Immunotherapy for hepatitis B in the direct acting antiviral era: Reevaluating the thymosin α1 efficacy trials in the light of a combination therapy approach. J Viral Hepat. 2018;25(1):4-9. doi:10.1111/jvh.12807
- Camerini R, Garaci E. Historical review of thymosin α 1 in infectious diseases. Expert Opin Biol Ther. 2015;15 Suppl 1:S117-S127. doi:10.1517/14712598.2015.1033393